Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year

I've decided to change the background of this prayer journal/blog to reflect breast cancer awareness and the very real need for prayer on behalf of the women and families dealing with this disease.
I have been praying for my sweet friend Heather who is now in treatment for breast cancer discovered in November. Today I found out that another woman (Tara), who has been post breast cancer and treatment for a few years, is now dealing with what appears to be lung cancer. Physicians believe this is not a recurrence but the original cancer which was not eradicated. Tara is in her late thirties & married with four children, the youngest of whom is four years old.
As I consider the new year, my heart breaks for these women and their husbands as they face uncertainty and fear in 2012.

Father, I bring Heather & Tara before your throne as they are dealing with this disease. I first bring their minds and spirits to you and pray peace over them. I pray for wisdom as they face decisions and ask you to touch their medical teams with anointing and insight. I pray for their husbands as they stand with their precious wives, comfort and strengthen them. Let this painful time in their lives reveal a depth of love and compassion that they have not known before. Strengthen their loved ones and create a circle of prayer and support around them. Thank you for this opportunity to intercede and to stand against this attack. I speak life in the name of your Son. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment