Saturday, December 24, 2011

Dear Lord, I need to bring myself to you today. My pride struggles against my need for your touch. I need you to calm the anxiety I am experiencing about working this weekend. I confess that I feel resentful and that I have been giving in to fear that there will not be adequate staff. I confess that I have been angry and focusing on other people's errors. I repent of this attitude Father because I know that without my own repentance, you cannot change my heart.
I ask you for faithfulness of the staff to work as they are scheduled to work and not to leave their co-workers short staffed. I ask you to be with the patients and potential patients who need our help and to give a spirit of peace so that even within the wall of the hospital we experience the miracle of this time. I ask you to change my perspective and to remind me that I will be working not because of other people but because you, who holds my life, has so ordained this. I thank you for the quietness that has begun to settle within me even now as I am praying. I ask you to guard my mind and my heart that I would no longer be subject to this feeling of stress and unhappiness because I give it to you and I bind the attack of the enemy against me.
I know that it is a privilege to be the one entrusted with this time at the hospital. My mind does not accept this thought but my spirit knows the truth. I ask for wisdom and self-discipline to bring your joy and love into the hospital this weekend. I thank you for my own health and the health of my family. For all of those sitting at the bedside of loved ones in hospitals, I ask your touch. And again, I repent of my anger that I will be working for it is by your grace and mercy that I am not one of those sitting at bedside.
I praise you and I purposefully give you this time with thankfulness and worship. I know that this is the time we remember that you sent your Son, Messiah Emanuel to redeem us. To truly honor this my place is not in comfort and relaxation but to be among those whom you came to save and to be a small reflection of your love.
Touch me God, change me and continue to uphold me as I face this challenge. Help me to bring glory to you. Make yourself known in large and small ways in the hospital. Replace every negative aspect with love. I know you are good, you are my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment