Monday, January 2, 2012

Praying for me

Oh Lord! After a week off this morning, my first back to work, this is the morning you bring the snow and cold? You know I love to be cuddled up inside my house with wicked weather outside the windows! And how quickly and simply I am frustrated because as soon as I looked out the window I became disheartened. Forgive me for that and silence the enemy who whispers disappointment into my ears.
You know my mind and the hopes and goals I have for 2012. I ask for your blessing and anointing, both to accomplish and to let go of the things you have ordained. Above all, give me a submitted and sensitive spirit. Let me be continually living in the state of mind that I am building my life in eternity and not in mortality. Give me a great ability for small joy, give me peace when there is a storm and give me wisdom. Show me more of who I truly am so that I will be able to truly shine your glory as you intended me to.
Give me a hunger for you, give me a desperate need for you unlike any I have ever known. Give me a craving for your scripture. Teach me to be humble and to trust that you are my defender. When I am weary or burdened with worry, protect my heart and lift my spirit.
Thank you Lord for this day as you have made it. I confess that I wish it were different already but I speak truth, that you have created it with purpose. I thank you for the renewal of my mind that you have allowed over the last year and I thank you for expected blessing. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment