Sunday, December 4, 2011

Why?

Heaven knows I have not the time nor the creativity to keep up with two blogs. This really is not intended to be a blog so much as a prayer journal. This was inspired by the story of this family, shared by my friend Diane.
I came home from work one day and read the story and realized something. There are better things to do than to think about how much I dislike my job. Or to be petty or selfish or pity myself over the minor inconveniences in life. As I started to pray for this family, I found myself saying, "Lord, what shall I pray for? Will you heal them? Will you strengthen them? What Lord?"
And the Lord then pressed farther in and led me to make contact with them through Diane. Again, why Lord? What could I possibly say? The answer came, "Tell them you know they are there. Through this, they will know I am there."
Ahh, a better thing to do.
So here I will try to make a place to focus and to pray and to make the statement to whomever should stumble across it, God knows you are there.
When I am permitted, I will pray here by name. Otherwise, you may find that the details are fuzzy. Regardless, there is no bottom to the need for prayer. Should you care to join me, you are of course welcome and appreciated. Comments are lovely but not expected.
This is for the people who feel that they have been too long in the wilderness and that their pain has become invisible. Those whose suffering has become so commonplace to others that perhaps they are almost forgotten.
From my heart and from the heart of God,
I know you are there.
Dear God. Oh my God. As I started to read about this family, I confess that I wanted to be a coward. I wanted to stop reading because it was too awful. Perhaps the most awful thing, short of death, that I've ever heard of a family to endure. God, I fear this mom and dad feel forgotten by you. Who would feel much differently in such circumstances? Lord, I want to crawl inside myself and cry just reading this. Please Lord, touch them. Touch them deep in their souls where the deepest wounds refuse to heal. It would be a miracle if these children were restored but God it is no less a miracle if these parents' spirits are not destroyed. God of miracles and mercy, be known within the walls of this house. Bring the miracle of peace and joy across its thresh holds. Let wisdom be seated deep within their minds and peace that they act with favor from you in every step they take. In Jesus name, I bring them to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment