Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Hijacked Chicken Florentine



I ain't gonna lie, the above beautiful Chicken Florentine is an ever so slightly modified Pioneer Woman Recipe which you can find by following this link
My only adjustments were that the Mr. grilled chicken one evening in a double batch and that's what I used in this dish instead of preparing it the way PW did.  The pasta is whole wheat linguine instead of penne and I caramelized half of an onion in the olive oil and garlic. With the pre-grilled chicken, the entire dinner took less than half an hour to make.

I served it with a tossed salad with lemon vinaigrette dressing which I highly recommend.

Lemon Vinaigrette

  • 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
  • 1/4 extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground oregano
  • 1 clove minced garlic
  • Salt & pepper to taste.

I quadrupled (x4) my recipe since the family really loves this dressing so I don't have to make it every evening. Dump it all into a Mason jar and shake it up, better if it sits for about an hour!

1 comment:

  1. Is this the dressing you used on the salad on Mother's day? If so....delish!!!

    ReplyDelete