Saturday, June 1, 2013

The week~

I'm not sure what order the meals will fall in, but here is what we'll be enjoying this week!

Menus
  • Spaghetti & green salad
  • Grilled burgers, potato salad, pintos
  • Pork chops, mushroom & brown rice casserole, broccoli
  • Chicken fajitas, black beans, brown rice
  • Flat iron steaks, rosemary red potatoes, green salad
  • Grilled flat bread pizzas (sauce premade & frozen), green salad
Weekend prep ahead
  • Brown rice
  • Spaghetti sauce
  • Pintos
  • Potato salad
  • Salsa for fajitas
  • The usual cleaning and prepping of fresh produce
Shopping list (Fresh produce from Farmer's Market)
  • Whole wheat spaghetti
  • Whole wheat tortillas
  • Ground beef (for spaghetti and grilled burgers)
  • Flat iron steaks
  • Crushed tomatoes, tomato paste for spaghetti sauce
  • Whole tomatoes, Rotel for salsa
  • Dried seasoning: oregano, basil, bay leaves
  • Fresh Parmesan (for spaghetti)
  • Cheddar cheese (for fajitas)
  • Sour cream
  • Whole wheat tortillas
  • Black beans (dry)
  • Pinto beans (dry)
  • Bell peppers (for pizza, spaghetti and fajitas)
  • Garlic
  • Parsley (fresh)
  • Dill (fresh)
  • Basil (fresh if available)
  • Tomatoes
  • Potatoes (Yukon Gold for potato salad)
  • Red skin potatoes
  • Mushrooms (for casserole & pizza)
  • Lettuce-romaine
  • Fresh fruit
The Mr. does the grocery shopping after we've worked on menus and made a master list. The way I've written it here is basically the way he gets it from me except I may specify amounts instead of "for..."   I make the list with the menu on one side and the items I need on the other and (OCD alert,)  I also make it in the order in which the store is laid out.  The reason I include the menu is so that Dean knows why I need what I do and if he sees something I didn't think of or can't find something I listed, he can improvise.
I spared you the specific amounts but if you'd like any of those details leave a comment and I'll post the recipes and shopping lists for them. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to take your cue here and try and train my Mr. about shopping with a 'clean' purpose! You are off and running with a good training program (for the menfolk).

    ReplyDelete