Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Cookware


Does anyone have the Paula Deen cookware?  I have two pieces, the larger sauce pan and the large covered skillet.  I didn't buy the whole set, in fact, I didn't buy any of it.  The Mr., however, did.  I'm not a Paula Deen fan so that's how I roll.  Anyway, I have to say that I really love the skillet!  It's large and very deep so things I might make in a sauce pan can be made in the skillet and I find I can heat things (and therefore cook them) more quickly.  I've even made soup in it!  The other day, I made pintos and put them in a ziploc.  To rewarm them, I put them in the skillet and put the heat on low for about fifteen minutes.  Perfect!  Cleans up quick and easy and doesn't take as much room in the dishwasher as a stock pot or large sauce pan takes.  I have the red, as pictured.  I will say, I think the color is fading pretty fast and they aren't cheap. 
I like the sauce pan too except that it sort of curves around the rim so you can't stack other pots inside of it.  Being that it's my biggest sauce pan, it takes up a lot of valuable real estate in my cabinet. 
The lids are heavy glass and fit nice and snug on the pots.
This isn't necessarily a recommendation to go buy the entire set which starts at $89.99 at Target.
I made an entire meal of chicken florentine in the pan last week.  That's one box of pasta, 3 chicken breasts and veggies.
And that's all I have to say about that.

2 comments:

  1. I have the Wolfgang Puck stainless steel set and love them! You can use any utensil, metal or plastic without scratching. They also have snug fitting glass lids. All pans are oven safe. We have even baked a caked in the large deep frying pan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walmart also carries her line of cookware.
    I'm switching over from teflon to ceramic pans - a pan at a time.

    ReplyDelete